Hello to all my Omoge. Among the skin travails we experience as women, permit me to say that any of such on our face is the most feared and detested of all. A facial skin type that reacts to virtually anything and everything? That’s me. Facial skin that stings,turn blotchy red and grows rashes when creams and the likes are applied? That’s soooo me.If you can relate, then this post is for you. Having researched and made enquiries from credible sources, I would advise you to avoid the following if you are keen on getting a blemish free facial skin.
- Over-scrubbing and exfoliation: Yes, you are bedevilled by pimples,oily skin and uneven skin tone. But do you know that your extreme sponging/scrubbing is actually doing more harm than good? Bismid cosmetics always offer exfoliation as part of its skin care package to all customers, but in moderation. And with the right products that are not harsh on the skin. Reducing this process to 2-3 times daily with mild scrubs or sponge is the way to go. Trust me, your skin will thank you for it. “Gentle does it”, says the face.
- Fragrance: Sensitive face types have close to zero tolerance for fragrance. While it’s almost impossible to find skin care products with no perfume, if you really mean it, you would find one that’s suitable for you. Strong scenty facial products are a no- no.
- Extreme temperature:Staying in too hot or too cold temperature for an extended period of time gets the skin on the face irritated too. Most often than not, prickly heat is the end result. Too much of everything ain’t good.
- Picking /poking the face: We’ve all been guilty of this.Instead of picking or prodding that pimple, why don’t you leave it to go out itself. Picking /prodding might worsen the condition. For instance,disturbing pimples causes boil or age spots(black heads).Remember, be gentle on any skin condition.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate(SLS): This is a foaming chemical widely used by cosmetic companies in making personal care products such as soaps,shampoos,toothpastes,skin cleansers,moisturizer lotions and many more.Now,the reason why you should avoid any skin care product that list SLS as an ingredient is because it is a known skin irritant. If that isn’t enough reason for you to ditch that skin care product with SLS, then the fact that you are using the same product as a garage floor cleaner should do the job just fine.Yes, SLS is also used in the making of car wash soaps. Apart from the fact that it makes the skin dry, it has also been discovered to contain carcinogenic(cancer causing) agents.
Avoid the above listed and I can assure you that you would be on the right path to having a flawless and healthy face that matches your body.